Python and the Law:
The purpose of this information is to remove any confusion regarding the ownership and use of the Python Emergency Services Detectors with specific regards to the reception of personal or business radio transmissions by unauthorised persons or groups.
What Python Detectors are:
1. Python detectors are a TETRA radio detector and are specifically designed as a TETRA Radio Frequency Power Detector
2. Python detectors Model Numbers 3825/P1, 3825/P2 and 3825/P2/IB function as a TETRA frequency detector and operates in the TETRA Radio Frequency range of 380-385 MHz.
3. Python detectors do not provide any TETRA Radio Frequency signal demodulation.
4. Python detectors do not recover any received information content from a modulated TETRA Radio Frequency signal.
5. Python detectors do not emit (Transmit) any other external Radio Frequencies.
6. Python detectors detect and sample a signal in the TETRA frequency band. If the sampled signal is above a predefined threshold, an output signal is triggered on the first detection with no further analysis.
Question: Are Python detectors legal to own and also use on the road?
Answer: Yes, all Python detectors are 100% legal
There are some countries that do not allow any devices to be placed inside the windscreen area of your vehicle, if this is the case you can easily mount your Python detector in another location in your vehicle, you can obtain a magnetic dash mount from our website that will allow you to position your detector on the dash or centre console. For information on our accessories please click of the below link:
There may be some restrictions on use of Python detectors in certain countries and we have aim to provide you the very latest information. However we also recommend you always check you local laws and regulations. For information on where I can use the Python detectors see our website page by clicking on the following link:
What Python detectors are not:
1. Python detectors are not a Radar detector receiver (either passive or active).
2. As the Python detectors are only a TETRA Radio Frequency Power Detector they cannot provide TETRA radio frequency signal demodulation (meaning they do not have a receiver design to de-code a TETRA signal) and therefore cannot be used to recover Speech, Data or any other received information content from a modulated TETRA Emergency Services Radio Frequency signal.
3. Python detectors are not a Laser Jammer which means the detectors depend on sending electromagnetic waves from the device.
4. Python detectors are not a TETRA scanner.
5. Python detectors are not detectors of TETRA periodic signals for the purpose of detection of the movable transmitter.
6. Python detectors cannot measure the timing nature of a TETRA signal (the time between repetition and its duration) of a detected signal and do not and cannot detect periodic signals for the purpose of detection of the movable transmitter.
To this end, this makes Python 100% legal to use as a safety driving aid.
As the Python detectors are only a Radio Frequency Power Detector and cannot provide radio frequency signal demodulation (meaning it does not have a receiver design to de-code and TETRA signal) and therefore cannot be used to recover Speech, Data or any other received information content from a modulated TETRA Emergency Services Radio Frequency signal.
To this end this makes Python 100% legal to use as a safety driving aid.
"Please use our detectors responsibly and always abide by local country laws and regulations when using this detector and when driving a motor vehicle"